“…“For most of human history, the question of whether or not life exists elsewhere has belonged only within the philosophical realm,” said Northwestern’s Howard Chen, the study’s first author. “It’s only in recent years that we have had the modeling tools and observational technology to address this question.”
“Still, there are a lot of stars and planets out there, which means there are a lot of targets,” added Daniel Horton, senior author of the study. “Our study can help limit the number of places we have to point our telescopes.”….”
Read the full Northwestern News article by Amanda Morris.
Round Up of Media Mentions of CIERA/Northwestern
- CNN, “What makes a planet potentially habitable” by Ashley Strickland.
- New Atlas, “Exoplanets of quiet stars most likely to sustain extraterrestrial life” by James Holloway.
- The London Economic, “List of planets that could harbour alien life narrowed down” by Steve Beech.
- Daily Mail, “Are we alone in the universe? Scientists develop a new method for identifying potentially habitable planets that could host ALIEN LIFE outside of our solar system” by Ryan Morrison
- Independent, “Scientists Find Which Exoplanets Could Host Alien Life With Pioneering ‘3D Chemistry’ Experiment” by Andrew Griffin
- Newsweek, “Scientists Narrow Down Number of Exoplanets Which Could Host Alien Life” by Aristos Georgiou
- International Business Times, “Breakthrough Study Narrows Down Search For Habitable Exoplanets” by Athena Chan
- Tech Times, “Fine-Tuning Search for Faraway Alien Life Signs Possible through 3-D Climate Modeling”
- United Press International, “Scientists use 3D climate model to narrow search for habitable exoplanets” by Brooks Hays
- Space.com, “Can this new model predict which alien worlds could support life?” by Elizabeth Howell