CIERA is looking for a new Events & Marketing Coordinator!
This position manages all of the Northwestern University’s Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics (CIERA) marketing & external communication and is responsible for organizing complex events such as conferences and large public events. Responsibilities include promoting CIERA and its activities (managing web site content & design; creating email marketing campaigns; producing print & digital advertising; handling social media presence; and interfacing with internal & external media professionals), organizing complex events (planning and executing logistics; troubleshooting; collaborating with stakeholders to anticipate needs and ensure excellent outcomes), supporting development activity (liaising with the Office of Alumni Relations and Development; writing newsletters, thank-you notes; and promotional materials), as well as other Center support as needed.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years program administration or similar experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required, including Microsoft Office
- Website development, including writing web content
- Basic graphic design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills: ability to write and speak clearly, and keep others informed
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team oriented
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to take direction and coordinate between multiple stakeholders and partners
- Takes initiative and accomplishes tasks with minimal guidance
- 1 year experience with event organization, ideally at Northwestern.
- One year of work experience in a research or academic environment.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Social media management
- Mac OS and Apple office software (Numbers, Pages, Keynote, iCalendar, etc)
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and/or InDesign.
Job ID: 41769
Job Title: Senior Program Coordinator
School: Office for Research
To view the full job description and apply, please visit the following links. You may also reach out to Kari Frank at email@example.com with any questions.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Link for non-NU employeesLink for current NU employees
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.