CIERA is looking for a new Financial Assistant!
The Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics (CIERA) at Northwestern is a leader in astrophysics theory, observation, data science research, as well as in training and empowering the next generation of scientists, sponsoring programs in K-12 STEM education, and cultivating the public’s enthusiasm for astronomy with its outreach initiatives. Join an exciting collaborative community of faculty, postdocs, students, and staff to carry out CIERA’s mission!
This position provides important financial administrative support for CIERA. Responsibilities include: day-to-day financial transactions; research appointments, hiring, payroll; proposals and recruitment support; and financial support for special programs. Hybrid work options are welcome.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- 3 years accounting &/or bookkeeping or other relevant experience
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently; strong personal initiative and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge and experience processing basic financial transactions and payroll procedures
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field; OR one-year financial administration work experience; OR equivalent combination education and experience where similar knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired
- Familiarity and experience with NU financials and Payroll procedures.
- Advanced computer skills such as macros and basic programing.
Benefits Offered: http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html.
If you would like to explore this opportunity further or have any questions, please contact Kari Frank, CIERA’s Director of Operations, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Please submit applications electronically through Northwestern’s eRecruit portal (Job Opening ID 44072). Applications should include a cover letter (stating your interest in and relevant experience/skills for the position) and a resume.
Link for current NU employees: https://myhr.northwestern.edu/psp/hr858prd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_EMP_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Employee&JobOpeningId=44072&PostingSeq=1
Link for non-NU employees: https://careers.northwestern.edu/psp/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=44072&PostingSeq=1
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.