CIERA Program Assistant 2
The Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics (CIERA; ciera.northwestern.edu) leads in astrophysics theory, observation, and data science research, while also prioritizing training and empowering the next generation of scientists, growing our programs in K-12 STEM education, and cultivating the public’s enthusiasm for astronomy with our outreach initiatives. Join a collaborative community of students, staff, postdocs, and faculty and support CIERA’s mission!
This position provides support for the CIERA’s various ongoing programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include assisting with social media and news; producing graphics; creating and maintaining program and conference websites; administrative support of CIERA committees and advisory boards; logistical support of special/large events; administrative support of our educational programs.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills; ability to write and speak clearly, and keep others informed.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to be proactive and work largely independently once given guidance and instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service attitude: being helpful, positive, respectful, approachable, and team oriented.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 1 year of website management/maintenance experience
- 1 year experience working in a university environment
- Experience with STEM education (any level K-12 – graduate) and/or public outreach programs
- 1 year of experience supporting events
- Ability to manage web content
Benefits Offered: http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html.
Job ID: 45987
Job Title: Program Assistant 2
School: Office for Research
To view the full job description and apply, please visit the following links. You may also reach out to Kari Frank at email@example.com with any questions. Applications should include a cover letter (stating your interest in and relevant experience/skills for the position) and a resume.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Link for non-NU employeesLink for current NU employees
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.