CIERA Graduate Fellowships support graduate student research and training at the interface of astrophysics with other disciplines, including data-science, computation, engineering, and adjacent scientific disciplines like chemistry and biology. Additionally, fellowship support enhances our K-12 STEM education and outreach by giving our fellows opportunities to use their scientific training to support educators and students in the Chicagoland area.
- Graduate students in the 3rd year or beyond are eligible.
- Fellowships are typically awarded for 1 year
CIERA currently supports two graduate Fellows each year:
- Riedel Family Graduate Fellowship
- CIERA Board of Visitors Graduate Fellowship
Fellows may work on a wide variety of projects for their fellowship, in astrophysics and at the interface between astrophysics and other disciplines (such as data-science). For more information about the broad range of research conducted in CIERA, please visit our Research pages. See our Education & Outreach page for examples of CIERA’s K-12 STEM Education programming and resources that fellows can participate or build upon.
If you are interested in partnering with CIERA and one of our Graduate Fellows, or on a K-12 education project, please contact email@example.com.
CIERA Graduate Fellows
- Newlin Weatherford (Riedel Family Graduate Fellow, 2020-2021)
- Mike Bueno (CIERA Board of Visitors Graduate Fellow, 2020-2021)
- Chase Kimball (Riedel Family Graduate Fellow, 2021-2022)
- Fulya Kiroglu (CIERA Board of Visitors Graduate Fellow, 2021-2022)